Taos Pueblo requests that visitors abide by these rules:
1. Please report, and pay the appropriate fee for, each camera you carry into the Pueblo area.
2. Please respect the “restricted area” signs as they protect the privacy of our residents and the sites of our native religious practices.
3. Do not enter doors that are not clearly marked as curio shops. Each home is privately owned and occupied by a family and is not a museum display to be inspected with curiosity.
4. Please do not photograph members of our tribe without first asking permission.
5. Absolutely no photography in San Geronimo Chapel.
6. Do not enter the walls surrounding the ruins of the old church and our cemetery.
7. Do not wade in our river — our sole source of drinking water.
The Pueblo is generally open to visitors daily from 8am to 4:30pm, except when tribal rituals require closing the Pueblo. Late winter to early Spring the Pueblo closes for about ten weeks. Please call ahead if you’ll be visiting during this time. 575-758-1028
Adult admission: $10 per person
Students (11 and up, includes college with ID) $5 per person
Group Rates (6 or more Adults): $8 per person
Children 10 and under: Free
Camera Fees – Personal Photography
Camera, cell phone and video fee: $6 per camera
All professional and commercial photographers as well as artists interested in sketching or painting must apply for pre-approval; fees vary.
Our facility is wheelchair accessible, but due to environment, we are not responsible for any injury or damage.
Brochures – are currently in the English Language and will be translated in the near future into French, German, and Spanish. These will be downloadable from our website.
Interested tour companies, please call Taos Pueblo Tourism at 575-758-1028 for more information.
Taos Pueblo Walking Tour